Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Optometrist


Optometrist

When I first started importing Czech glass beads for my business I would find cultural differences confusing. I would order pink beads and be sent blue beads. So I’d call up (overseas call) and say I got the wrong ones and they would say “oh, do not worry about it, you got blue beads. We’re not making pink ones at the moment… yes In a pair of regular trifocal reading glasses, yes, we have a back log of orders for pink beads but we’re making blue.” I would be stunned but I slowly figured out that it was a hang over from the communist era and that I had to make do. It did teach me to be more creative in some ways and a little less fixed, to be more flexible.
It is all to the benefits of all us women who love colorful jewelry – whether we make the designs or just love to wear them. For me I love the quality of the Czech glass and crystal, it is strong, resilient, clear with great clarity and colorful. All the benefits of having European competition for centuries.
I have been working with the delicious Czech lampwork beads for years now to design my own lampwork beaded jewelry and have watched how their designs have evolved Oakley baratas, especially since the liberation from communist rule.
Now the next generation is involved and they have western educations. So when I order my beads I get what I asked for and they are venturing into new designs that are taking on their traditional competitors head on – the Venetians!
I love it. To me competition is a good thing and I have been in love with the Czech glass for years. Being a loyal creature I am sticking to the Czechs so their new gold leaf work is wonderful. To be a little on the cheeky side I have called the new range of earrings using the Venetian styled gold foil “Tuscany Vineyards” but that probably says more about me enjoying a bit of a laugh than anything else.
Czech glass beads have been around for centuries Gafas de sol Oakley baratas, evolving in designs and techniques to create mini works of art in glass. The changes in designs seems to come in waves, often connected with social change. The current new batch of designs is no exception with the opening up of the Czech Republic..
While not the most exciting of subjects, the topic of eyeglass retainers is a curious one, especially since there is no corresponding Wikipedia article on it, at least not at the time of this article.And yet, while there is no Wikipedia article concerning it, a quick search using Google produces an abundant amount of links to stores both online and offline selling said eyeglass retainers. The Word “Retainer” As It Applies To Eyeglasses Currently, the most common usage of the word “retainer” as it applies to daily living is associated with Orthodontics of which an article in Wikipedia does exist although it is far from exhaustive.
Traditionally the Czechs have worked in silver foil and the Venetians in gold foil so this adventurous move by the Czechs harks back to the competitive time of the 1880′s – 1930′s before it was crushed by the tortures of WW2 and the communist era. I love the rejuvenation of the Czech Republic and the traditional encased lampwork beads skills at least not at the time of this article.And yet!
So the Czechs are back into full swing with creating handmade lampwork beads Gafas de sol Oakley that pertaining to falling eyeglasses, lampwork focal beads, lampwork collectable beads, and all being used to create must have lampwork glass jewelry by artisans all over the world.
But the mystery deepens as the term “eyeglass retainer” seems to take on different meaning depending upon which store or shop you visit.Therefore, the following article aims to take the reader through three different areas of regarding eyeglass retainer knowledge namely:The word “retainer” as it applies to eyeglasses
The history and evolution of eyeglass retainers leading to the manifestation of the different objects sold online
Popular brand names and the advantages and disadvantages of each kind of eyeglass retainer
The purpose of going into such detail regarding this non-spectacular topic results from the absence of such knowledge on the Internet and the hopes that this article will serve as a reference source for a future Wikipedia article on eyeglass retainers, which is in itself seen as a reference source.

No comments:

Post a Comment